7 Things for Kids to do in Iceland
- Go to Reyjkavik Zoo and Family Park – it has fun rides and games. My favorite part was jumping on the inflatable pillow.
- Go glacier hiking. You use a pick ax and crampons so you don’t slip on the ice.
- Take a walk between two tectonic plates (North American & Eurasian) at Thinglevirr national park. The Rift Valley between the two tectonic plates sinks down about two centimeters a year.
- Take a tractor out to the cape at Inglsolour to see puffins! In ten years they are going to disappear because they don’t have enough food in the ocean because the whales and other animals are eating the food they eat.
- Go to the Strokkur geyser. Every 8-12 minutes it erupts.
- Go to the hot springs. They are naturally hot from the geothermal energy under the earth. The pool is Fludir is the oldest hot pot in Iceland.
- Eat Skyer. It’s yogurt. Yummy yogurt