10 Things to Eat in Turkey
If you ever magicaly appear in Turkey here are ten things to eat.
- Baklava is a traditional Turkish dish filled with figs.
- Turkish pizza is different from most and cooked in a special oven.
- Dried fruit is all over in Turkey. There are many stores you can stop and enjoy dried fruit and nuts.
- Tavuk guvec also know as chicken casserole is a traditional dish that comes with a soft kind of bread.
- Chickpea dip or hummus and soft bread is delicious and fills you up fast.
- Turkish delight is a natural Turkish candy. It is also traditional. You can find in dried fruit stores.
- Corn on the street is cooked, buttered and salted.
- Sunflower seeds are yummy and salty.
- There’s also a traditional drink called sahlep. It’s served hot with cinnamon and nutmeg on top. Careful! Don’t burn your tongue.
- It may seem you can get ice cream anywhere. That’s true. In Turkey the ice-cream is sticky, goopey and the yummiest I’ve ever had. They also ring a bell to insist this is the best ever. True fact!